salon fit-out, art, beauty
Borg Project’s latest salon fit-out in Bondi is captivating
When you think about Bondi, your mind automatically jumps to the beach. It’s inarguably one of Australia’s most famous, visually stunning, and popular beaches.
And what do you do when you go to Bondi?
Take a selfie and put it on Instagram of course!
So, when we were approached to carry out a salon fit-out in Bondi for the new hair, beauty, and nail art salon and bar Loop, we knew we wanted to create a space that would be a hit on social media.
We could have gone down the predictable route of blues, greens, and turquoises to play off the colours of the sea.
But we didn’t.
We decided to do something unique that would stand out from the crowd.
A boutique salon that would scream decadence.
After all, you go to a salon to be pampered. It’s a luxury. And when you’re indulging in some me-time or looking to get your pretty on, you want to walk into another world. A world that’s poles apart from your daily life.
We worked with Rebecca from X and O to develop a refined and opulent design that would take a client’s breath away. Once the design was complete, Borg Projects and their sister company, Ink Joinery, brought it to life. And we hit the mark perfectly.
You’re immediately enchanted by the striking monochromatic features as you enter the salon. From the cabinetry to the tiles, display cabinets, basins, and custom soft furnishings, a classic black and white colour scheme make the beauty bar and salon feel lavish, elegant, and timeless. And the majority of what you see was tailor-made for Loop by Ink Joinery and installed by Borg Projects.
This classic colour palette works so well because it has alluring metallic touches throughout. The taps, door handles, lighting, and floor edging are the perfect contrast to the simple colour scheme. And they introduce a sense of glamour to the sophisticated space.
But at Borg Projects, we do more than the beautiful surface finishes. We’re ready to get our hands dirty and do all the work that people don’t see, but that makes a salon operable, including:
- Installing the perfect lighting scheme so that nail artists can apply their intricate designs
- Ensuring the plumbing is installed and working, ready to carry water to the shampoo station
- Carrying out steelworks to plan and to ensure the salon is structurally sound
- Overseeing the electrical aspects of the salon fit-out, including the air-conditioning to ensure clients’ comfort
- Painstakingly laying the intricate tiling
- Sourcing and hanging custom mirrors so clients, hairdressers, and beauticians can see what’s going on
- Making bespoke nail polish display stands that highlight the salon products
- Organising initial approvals and final certification to reduce your stress levels
If you’re ready to kick your thongs off and visit Loop, you can find them on Bondi Street in Bondi. And don’t forget to tag us when you post your pictures on social media.
But if you’re after a salon fit-out anywhere in Sydney, you can’t go past Borg Projects and Ink Joinery.
Contact us today, and let’s create a salon that will blow your competition out of the water.